Gabriel Square is proud to have worked with John Lewis Home Design Service to design and furnish our brand new show home at our award-winning site.
Now it is your turn to recreate a fabulous interior design using our Revvis 3D architectural model of the townhouse, for your chance to win a John Lewis & Partners gift card of up to £1,000 plus a design consultation from a John Lewis Home Design Stylist to help create your dream home.
Using inspiration from the townhouse images below, design one of the rooms in the townhouse to enter, you can change furniture, wallcoverings and carpets and accessories to style and make it your own.
To enter the competition, simply follow the link below, create your interior design in one of three rooms, screen grab it and send it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the software is optimised to work on a laptop or desktop.
Here’s a bit of inspiration from us:
Top tips from the John Lewis Home Design Stylists
To design a room with a focus on the use of colour and maximising the available space:
- Light colours on walls blur the boundaries between the wall and ceiling, essentially making the ceiling seem higher. White can make a room feel cold and characterless whilst pastel tones will give the effect of pushing the walls back to enhance the feeling of space. Painting your coving and skirting in the same colour as your walls will also help to blur these boundaries and draw your gaze upwards.
- If you choose to use a darker paint colour, balance this by using lighter furniture and flooring to still help maximise the feeling of space within a room.
- Lighting is a key element in opening up a space. Natural light inside a room opens up the interior and makes it look larger. Take advantage of the natural light by selecting simple blinds or sheer curtains for your windows. When using ambient lighting, think carefully about the zones within the room and the purpose and mood you want each piece of lighting to fulfil.
- Mirrors are an easy way to make a noticeable difference to the size of a space and can work wonders by helping to bounce light into dark corners.
- When it comes to window dressings, especially curtains, make sure to utilise the available space – not just above the window, but either side of it as well, to allow as much natural light to fill the room as possible. Full height curtains, fitted to a ceiling mounted track, will help to maximise vertical space and also add a touch of luxury.
- Keep it simple and don’t be tempted to clutter a space. Select a carefully curated collection of decorative accessories, artwork, and soft furnishings that will enhance your design scheme through use of colour, texture, pattern and form.
- Rugs can be far more than just an accessory as they can help to define a space. Selecting a rug large enough to run under furniture will draw the eye wider and make the space appear bigger.
- Sofas are one of the largest pieces of furniture in any home, so think carefully about the best style for the space it is going into. The arms on sofas are the main design feature that restrict access to other parts of a room, so consider opting for smaller, narrower arms, or even armless sofa designs to help a room feel more open and spacious.
- Opt for multipurpose furniture pieces. For example, consider selecting a console table that also has book shelves, nested tables that can be split when entertaining guests, and an ottoman which is a great solution not only for storage, but can also double as a coffee table. Modular furniture is another great and versatile option to help maximise available space within a room
How to get started
Please see the How To video tutorial for further insight into the Revvis 3D model functionality
- To get started please click on the following link to be taken to the 3D Revvis model. Please note that the web link above does not save your designs for you to come back to. Please ensure you screen shot your designs before leaving the page.
- If you would like to download the software so you can save your work then please click on the following link: https://revvis.com/
- Put your design stamp on one of our Gabriel Square townhouses
- Using the Revvis software design a living room, master bedroom or roof terrace using the furniture and accessories available
- The winners will be judged on their overall styled look and feel using colour, furniture and accessories
- Take inspiration from the John Lewis Homes Design Service townhouse images and their top tips above
- Please follow @MeyerHomes @revvis on Instagram and Facebook
- Competition starts on the 9am 23rd June 2020 and closes at 6pm 14 August 2020
Standard Competition Terms and Conditions
This competition is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents only, aged 18 and over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
All images used within any entry must have an image description
Each participant can only enter once during the Promotion Period.
Entrants must send a screen shot of their designed room to email@example.com
Follow @MeyerHomes @revvis on Instagram
No purchase necessary. The competition will be open from 9.00am on 23/06/2020 to 6:00pm 14/08/2020 (the “Promotion Period”). Any entries outside of the Promotion Period will not be counted.
One overall competition winner will be chosen by a panel of judges from the John Lewis Home Design Service team and Meyer Homes
The decision of the Promoter in relation to the Promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
No information regarding entries or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Promotion. Your email and information will not be shared or used for any marketing purposes.
The prize is not transferable, re-saleable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative.
The promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the prize products subject to availability.
All prize winners will be contacted via email
Winners must respond to notification of their prize within 48 hours otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost and the promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize(s).
Winners will be announced by 28/08/2020
No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computers will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Any entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected. Any entries containing offensive or inappropriate content will be removed.
By entering participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoters reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the promotion.
The Promoter can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete or fail to arrive by the closing date.
These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.